The Hawkesbury OPP, and Crime Unit are seeking information on the theft of rental equipment from a local business. On February 6 the store rented equipment to a man that used false ID to rent close to $280,000 in equipment, including:
- Excavator, Kubota model U35-4G
- Skid Steer, make ASV, model RT50
- Sky Jack platform 8841
- Sky Jack platform SJ7127
- Concrete saw, make Hilti, model DSH700
- Concrete saw, make Husqvarna, model K970
- Vibrating plate, make Weber, model CR8
- Heater, make Tradesman, model K175
The follow day with assistance from the Crime Unit out of Hawkesbury a search warrant was executed in Saint-Roch-De-l’Achigan, Quebec. The search recovered five stolen excavators, including the Kubota Excavator stolen in Hawkesbury. The other four excavators were rented from other stores in the Province of Quebec. All the remaining items described above are still outstanding.
The person of interest is described as:
– Male, approx. 5’11” tall, full beard, between 30 to 40 years-old, French and English speaking, wearing a black construction type jacket with a grey hoodie underneath.
– Black Dodge Ram pickup truck, Heavy Duty with crew cab and dual rear wheels, pulling a flatbed type trailer.
Anyone who has information about the identity or knows the whereabouts of this person of interest, please contact the Hawkesbury O.P.P. at 613-632-2729 or 1-888-310-1122. If you have any information and wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.
story & photo credit:thereview.ca