Michael Bublé has set his first public appearance since his son’s cancer.
The “Feeling Good” singer will receive the National Arts Centre Award from Canada’s National Arts Centre in Ottawa next month. The Governor General of Canada will present Bublé with the award on June 28, and the next day, he’ll appear during a live telecast from the Arts Center. Bublé has canceled a number of public appearances since announcing last fall that his son had cancer. The National Arts Centre Award is presented each year “in recognition of recent exceptional work by a performing artist.”
“We are delighted that Michael Bublé and his family are doing so well, and that they will all be joining us,” the National Arts Centre’s president said in a statement. “All of Canada wishes the Bublé family the very best.” “Michael Bublé is an exceptional singer and songwriter whose voice and stage presence have captured the hearts of audiences across Canada and around the world,” he added. “We believe the award will be like a homecoming for him in 2017.”
Bublé’s wife, actress Luisana, broke the silence on son’s cancer treatment last month, revealing that “recovery is a long process.” “When things like what happened to us occur, you take on life changes,” Lopilato said at a press conference in Buenos Aires for her new film, Those Who Love, Hate. “It happened to us. Now I value life much more, the now and the today.” “My son’s recovery is a long process as you all know, and he has to continue with check-ups,” she shared. “But we are very happy.
“My faith in the fact God had a miracle helped me,” added Lopilato. “I became strong so my son would get better. I transmitted that to all my friends and family. As a family we were always very united and we fought this together. We did everything we could for our son, so he would come through this.” Thinking of you and the family, welcome back.
Article credit: ET
Photo Credit: Celebrity Baby Scoop